Overall movie score: 9 (lowest 1-10 highest)
- Solid storyline
- Well made, aesthetics
- Awesome soundtrack
- Good ending
- Good lessons for girls
- The goblins
- Sisterly feels
- To Own
1) One of my favorite genres is animation, So I am always first inline to see these types of films. I find they are either super awesome or super awful! It’s been forever since Disney release anything that even came close to the standards they set in the 90s. Frankly, Frozen surprised the “pants off” me, it has a rich, layered and poignant storyline, filled with interesting and and relate-able characters.
2) Visually this movie is impressive, the animation is clean and a fun style which holds on to the hand-drawn magic of 2D characters. I enjoyed everything about the movie visually, camera angles, shots, sequences, lighting, animation, character designs ect. No complaints in this department.
3) This is classic fairytale stuff, sprinkled with tastefully placed humor. Often a funny sub character can steal the show but the leads were interesting enough to hold their own. It is a heart warming story no pun intended.
4) I think I will most likely be purchasing the soundtrack and singing these songs in my car (don’t tell anyone). There are fun songs about accepting who you are which frankly is a demon we fight our whole life. Good stuff for little girls!
5) On that note, great resolution to this story, even I did not expect that our female protagonist would actually save her self, this is normally a chronic failure I see in most films in relations to women, they must wait to be rescued by their prince! But not this time nice job Disney Thank you!!This is great message for little girls, save yourself ladies. About bloody time!
6) Not forgetting the boys of course I found Kristoff and Sven interactions very entertaining. I loved that Kristoff was the authentic type of chap who struggled to do the right thing in stark contrast to Hans the perfect, kind instant boyfriend with an evil agenda. This to is a fantastic and refreshing portrait of love in the world. Beware little girls of Mr Perfect, the guy to love is the slightly difficult annoying one :) .
7) The Goblins were so cute, what a great re imagining of this mythical creature. I could watch a story of just about them! It makes me feel so satisfied when the smaller supporting characters are created with such substance and flavor, happy times.
8) I’m a big sister and this movie slams you right in the feels if you have a close relationship with yours. It reminded me of our childhood together and I felt Elsa’s pain as she tried to protect the one she loves causing her own suffering. oh the feels!!
9) Overall I think this is one own, and like most of my high scoring films it’s the type you can enjoy again and again. I hope more films aimed at young girls follow suit with the good ideas raised by this film.
Written by: Admin Arctic-Child